LSA Annual Conference 2020
Louise Platt / October 22, 2019
Leisure Studies Association Conference: Leisure Pasts, Presents and Futures
Manchester Metropolitan University, 7-9 July 2020
The Leisure Studies Association is delighted to open the first call for abstracts for its annual conference in 2020.
The conference offers the opportunity to explore leisure from a range of disciplinary perspectives, and to learn from industry and policy practitioners.
In 2020, its core theme is leisure pasts, presents and futures. Presenters and delegates are thus invited to consider:
- How has leisure been constructed, understood and enacted over time?
- What role does leisure play in addressing societal challenges today?
- How can the past inform the present in terms of leisure practice, policy and research?
- What are the future trends in policy, practice and research?
- Where and when do we make space for leisure in 2020?
The broad sub-themes for 2020 are:
- Looking back, looking forward
- Addressing societal challenges
- Making space for leisure
- Leisure and the revitalisation of the high street: Special theme in partnership with the Institute of Place Management (IPM)
- Music and sound in leisure spaces: Special theme in partnership with Music and Sonic Studies Manchester (MASSmcr)
- Open stream.
The call for papers is now open: https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/business-school/lsa2020-conference/