LSA Education Development Fund
news / November 4, 2021
The LSA is pleased to offer the Education Development Fund, to provide a source of funding to support the development of new approaches to leisure related teaching and learning, and their broader dissemination across the leisure community. The aims of the scheme are:
- To promote excellence and/or innovation in leisure related teaching
- To enhance learning and the student experience in leisure
- To allow the dissemination of best and/or innovative practice across the Leisure community.
Proposals are invited from existing LSA members in any aspect of leisure related education, including (but not restricted to) areas such as:
- Developing the leisure curriculum
- Teaching, Learning, and COVID19.
- Using new technology in leisure education
- Developing effective feedback in leisure education
- Enhancing the student experience
- Student employability and leisure.
Guidance for Applicants
- The maximum amount that will be awarded is £5000. There is no minimum amount
- The LSA may award a partial amount from that requested
- Preference will be given to applications that have additional or match-funding
- Collaborative proposals are strongly encouraged, especially those involving international collaboration.
- Proposals must use the application form below.
Applications will be judged by a panel of at least three current LSA Executive Committee members, who will be appointed by the LSA Executive Committee.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- The clarity and coherence of proposed activity (20%)
- The proposed benefits of the activity, specifically the potential broader impact of the project across the LSA community (40%)
- The dissemination to, and the potential use of any findings/resources by the broader leisure community/LSA members (30%)
- Realistic costings/budget (and with, where appropriate, evidence of match-funding) (10%).
These will be emailed to members and made available on the LSA website. Applications should be emailed in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm GMT on the deadline date (Friday 28th January 2022).
- Any changes to planned expenditure must be agreed by LSA beforehand
- If subsistence is claimed, this should be claimed at the normal rate of the applicant’s host institution, and clearly itemised on the application. Alcohol will not be reimbursed
- All expenditure must be for the applicant only unless agreed by the LSA beforehand
- Unless otherwise agreed beforehand, all funds will be reimbursed to the applicant, rather than paid up front
- Funds should be spent within 12 months of the award unless agreed beforehand.