Leisure Studies Association Outstanding Book Prize
news / May 22, 2020
This award is presented to the author(s) of the most outstanding book published in the previous calendar year. In order to be eligible for this award, nominations must be made by an LSA member and meet the following criteria:
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Books must be scholarly analyses of a leisure-related issue or phenomenon (broadly defined);
- Books must have been published in the calendar year preceding the year of the award. So, in 2020, eligible books are those published in 2019;
- Books will ordinarily be monographs, but edited collections will be considered;
- Books from authors who are not LSA members are eligible;
- Nominations for the award must be made by a current LSA member.
- Books may only be submitted once.
If you would like to nominate a book (your own or someone else’s), please ensure that it meets the above criteria and then send an email to Dr Thomas Fletcher, Chair, with details about the book – i.e., title, author, year of publication, and publisher. Reviewers will prefer a physical copy of each book so if you know an appropriate contact person at the publisher – i.e., who can arrange for books to be sent to reviewers – please also provide their name and contact details.
Once we receive your nomination(s), the publisher(s) will be contacted. Once received, the book will be evaluated by at least two members of the LSA Executive Committee. They will make a recommendation based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to Leisure Studies:
- Theoretical significance and reach;
- Level and rigour of scholarship.
The winner of the award will be announced at the annual conference.
The winner will also receive £200
If you have any questions about the award and/or would like to nominate a book, please contact Dr Thomas Fletcher, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020.