New Leisure Studies: International Perspectives- webinar series
news / August 21, 2020
On behalf of the collaborative group between seven leisure organizations from around the world, we would like to invite you to the first international webinar – New Leisure Studies: International Perspectives.
International Perspectives is a series of webinars focused on contemporary issues in leisure. The goal of this series is to bring together scholars from around the world to discuss practical solutions to the most pressing issues in leisure. We believe that together we can achieve better outcomes!
Time: First Friday of each month: Sept 4, Oct 2, Nov 6, Dec 4
The first webinar will take place on September 4 at 8:00-9:30 am EST / 6:00 am MDT / 1:00 pm BST/ 8:00 pm (Beijing time)
The title of the first webinar/ panel is: Trends in the development of leisure sciences across the world (differences and similarities)
Format: One and a half hour long Zoom panels of 4-6 speakers led by TALS Global Relevance committee representatives.
- Australian and New Zealand Association for Leisure Studies (ANZALS)
- Canadian Association for Leisure Studies (CALS)
- China-International Leisure Research Association (CILRA)
- Leisure Studies Association (LSA)
- Sociology of Leisure (RC13)
- The Academy of Leisure Sciences (TALS)
- World Leisure Organization (WLO)
Please register in advance for this meeting at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.